Friday 25 January 2013

Whole Foods Market founder on global warming: " I don't think that's that big a deal"

John Mackey, the founder and CEO of  Whole Foods Market, with 340 stores selling organic produce worldwide, has a very sensible approach to global warming:

“I haven’t been outspoken about global warming. I’ve been smeared quite a bit in the media about it – all of a sudden, I’m a climate change denier. I mean, climate change is obviously occurring. So -- it's gotten a little bit warmer. I guess my position on it is that I don't think that's that big a deal. Actually, humanity’s flourished usually when temperatures gradually warmed. And humans gradually adapt to it,” he told Off the Cuff.
As for regulation to reduce global warming, he said, “We can probably eliminate poverty on the planet earth in the next 50 years if we will just continue to follow the tenets of free enterprise capitalism to the greatest extent possible. So I just don't want to see that change.”

Read the entire article here


No comments: