|Barroso: "the EU shouldnot meddle in everything that |
happens in Europe"
The new "Euroskeptic", EU Commission president José Manuel Barroso, has suddenly realized that "the EU should not meddle in everything that happens in Europe", and that decisions had to be taken "closer ... to citizens". A less interfering Brussels should instead be more focused on "big issues".
This is of course fine, as long as focusing on "big issues" means such things as
- how to abolish the failed "one size fits all" euro currency
- how to stop the EU from wasting taxpayers' money on useless global warming and "renewable" energy projects
- how to stop the huge waste and fraud in various existing EU programmes
- how to drastically cut the number of EU useless EU projects and programmes
- how to drastically cut the number of grossly overpaid EU bureaucrats
- how to stop the European Parliament's wasteful "Traveling Circus" (from Brussels to Strasbourg)
- how to delete "ever closer union" from the EU treaty
- how to create an "EU light", with main focus on free trade